Based on cost of living factors for an area including housing costs, tax rates, and cost of essentials like food and fuel. Kanab's self-proclaimed title, "Little Hollywood," is fitting for its many abandoned film sets. The University of Utah is easily accessible by car in 5 mins, bike by 10-20mins, or walking (time varies depending on how far west you are from the school). Stein Eriksen Lodge. Explore the sculptures at Gilgal Gardens. Although there are a lot of tourist at times, there are many uncrowded places. If you like the outdoors, this is the place to be! Kaysville has always been and will always be, Utah's #1 hometown! Cities & Towns → Let’s be honest: You don’t book a trip to Utah to see what a big city … Park City is a wonderful place to live. I have never felt out of place in that way.Read 8 Reviews, Niche User: I LOVE where I live! It's not very diverse, but it is a growing community with many more families moving in. But I have truly loved living here and creating lasting friendships with kind, humble individuals. It is a relatively quiet neighborhood with a healthy mixture of students and families. The vast majority of the population is conservative, while I am more liberal, but it is a very safe community with many job opportunities. People tend to be wealthier than most, which can, at times, create a pompous atmosphere. Aenean imperdiet. Honestly, seems people tend to respect each other's opinions I feel like. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Stein Eriksen Lodge - Deer Valley, Utah … Donec pede justo, fringilla vel, aliquet nec, vulputate eget, arcu. They are easy to use and not too much money. I do bike to work up at the University, and I feel comfortable walking anywhere in this neighborhood at anytime of day or night. Ranking based on data from the U.S. Census, FBI, BLS, CDC, and other sources. We encourage education, parks and recreation, community, and diversity. Explore the best places to live in the U.S. based on crime, public schools, cost of living, job opportunities, and local amenities. No confirmed availability on selected dates. Garden City’s location at the end of the Logan Canyon Scenic Byway and on the shores of Bear Lake State Park makes it one of Northern Utah's best gateway towns. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Vivamus elementum semper nisi. Between the destination towns of Heber and Midway, Heber Valley astonishes with its alpine splendor and access to endless outdoor recreation. Definitely a growing area! Find and rent 14 of the best and most unique Airbnb rentals in Utah, from modern homes to cozy glamping getaways near Utah's best attractions. There are a ton of bars and clubs, theaters and a large amusement park 25 minutes from downtown.Read 605 Reviews, Current Resident: I love River Heights! The southeastern Utah town of Monticello lies on the sheltered eastern slope of the Abajo Mountains, overlooking a maze of sandstone canyons and plateaus. 3. It’s a lot of work to go on family vacations, but having a nice place to stay, where you feel comfortable and are able to make memories is the best gift you could ever give your family. Explore the best places to live in the U.S. based on crime, public schools, cost of living, job opportunities, and local amenities. Amangiri is one of the world’s most remote resorts, offering five-star luxury accommodation on 600 acres of land in Southern Utah. There are a ton of lakes within 30 minutes of downtown with camping, fishing and boating options. The ski resorts are also incredible and very pretty. It's a newer development, safe neighborhood, family friendly! Please adhere to local guidelines for safe and responsible travel, including following the statewide mask mandate. Mantua is a small, blink-and-you’ll-miss-it town in Northern Utah. Utah is the land of the Great Salt Lake in Salt Lake City, some pretty nice people, and super great, super safe places to live.. I do bike to work up at the University, and I feel comfortable walking anywhere in this neighborhood at anytime of day or night. Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. The people are so friendly and it is a great place to live if you are married with children. Utah is home to laid-back slopes and luxury resorts. It is located just a few miles along a windy highway outside of Brigham City in Sardine Canyon. The vibe has its sense of responsibility of people taking care of their futures. Capitol Reef you can see as a transition day and stay in Torrey. I can walk to grocery stores, doctor and dental offices, the gym, and lots of other small businesses just beyond the neighborhood. If you are looking for a bite to eat I would reccomend the Redstone area. We have traditions of parades, festivities, and fairs. Quisque rutrum. It is very beautiful and full of nice people. If your map only shows the big, obvious Utah attractions, get a new map, because mind-blowing can’t be categorized. They are easy to use and not too much money. There are no cookie-cutter homes here. They have many service opportunities and it's a close-knit community. The ski resorts are also incredible and very pretty. With a country feel yet big city access, starry nights, brilliant sunny days, and recreation, cultural events, arts and volunteer and diversity accessible in every direction, it is the perfect adventure zone for the single person and vacation lifestyle family residence destination. Maecenas tempus, tellus eget condimentum rhoncus, sem quam semper libero, sit amet adipiscing sem neque sed ipsum.Read 180 Reviews, Niche User: Park City is a wonderful place to live. There is a lot to do, and a low crime rate. The winter slopes were once featured in the Olympics, and in summer the mountains and nearby state parks and reservoirs transform into a hiking, mountain biking, fishing and camping mecca. Also a plus it’s a very dog friendly area with tons of owners walking their dogs all year round!Read 11 Reviews, Current Resident: If you like the outdoors, this is the place to be! The St. Regis Deer Valley. I have lived here my whole life and I really don't have a desire to leave, I have loved living here. Neighboring Cities include Bountiful, Farmington and West Bountiful. These 7 Unique Places to Stay in Utah Will Give You an Unforgettable Experience 1) Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel Ogden, Utah. I love it here, it's very calm and beautiful. Overall Farmington has some of the nicest residents you'll ever meet and is a great atmosphere for families! The area today still resembles that of the historic town. Fun place to live, very minimal crime. If you have the funding to be going to Westminister your life is set! The vast majority of the population is conservative, while I am more liberal, but it is a very safe community with many job opportunities.Read 186 Reviews, Current Resident: I like the affordability and proximity to both downtown and the University of Utah. You can also use your favorite travel research and booking sites, such as: Looking to be in the mountains? This includes five star luxury hotels and resorts, inexpensive motels, privately owned RV parks, working ranches, ski lodges, Airbnbs, camping and even glamping. Many sports and club opportunities are available and there is a extensive amount of fantastic parks. Copyright © 2020 Utah Office of Tourism. Safe and warm environment.The neighbourhood gives a nice familial vibe. Maecenas tempus, tellus eget condimentum rhoncus, sem quam semper libero, sit amet adipiscing sem neque sed ipsum. Violent crime is low, but Utah is currently experiencing higher numbers in property crime. Aenean massa. Provo and the larger Utah Valley sets itself a part as a place for innovation in tech, health care, education, as well as place for easy access to Provo Canyon's offerings, including Sundance Mountain Resort. The closest town is Page, Arizona, which is about 25 minutes away. The Ben Lomond is a historic icon located in the trolley … It is very good for families. Aenean vulputate eleifend tellus. The vibe has its sense of responsibility of people taking care of their futures. Its got a good mix of young working adults, families and retirees. Target is in Centerville, a Wal-Mart, Home Depot etc, the next closest ones are in Salt Lake City. Education is top notch and community events are stellar.Read 22 Reviews, Current Resident: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Honestly, seems people tend to respect each other's opinions I feel like. The best for me is the location, I can walk everywhere I want to go and even ride the train to work. When it comes to the college life it really is an awesome experience when it comes to feeling a little bit more out of the city. No confirmed availability on selected dates. Also, a very large portion of the population is religious (LDS) and they provide many service learning opportunities. Though even it is out of the way, something along Hwy 89 such as Mt Carmel Junction … Blanding mixes cowboy culture with Native American and prehistoric. But I have truly loved living here and creating lasting friendships with kind, humble individuals.Read 105 Reviews, Current Resident: It's a newer development, safe neighborhood, family friendly! Redstone has places such as Protein FOundry which has acai bowls. Kanab, Utah is classic American West, surrounded by towering Navajo sandstone cliffs and vistas of sagebrush. The 7 Best Places to Après-ski in Park City, Utah Read article So, after a four-day jaunt in Park City and many chairlift chats with locals, we’re taking all the guesswork out of the equation. Safe, quiet, dog+cat friendly, folks take pride in home and yard, friendly, walkable,bike-able neighborhood,tree lined streets,LGBT welcoming, great schools for kids,we live along side Mormons,Catholics,Jewish, Nons, Others, all seem to get along. I am so thankful for that! If you have the funding to be going to Westminister your life is set! Having the canyons so close makes for some nice scenery and activities. Overall Farmington has some of the nicest residents you'll ever meet and is a great atmosphere for families!Read 69 Reviews, Current Resident: I’ve lived here eight years, and I love it. Nam eget dui. Many sports and club opportunities are available and there is a extensive amount of fantastic parks. The highschool is less than 10 years old and is a very nice building. I love River Heights! Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Park City is the perfect mountain town. Its a great area to raise children. Being of mixed caucasian and native heritage, I do notice that it is not very diverse here, but over the years that has changed somewhat. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. It is far enough from downtown that there isn't any riffraff in the streets.Read 45 Reviews, Current Resident: Definitely a growing area! One of my very favorite things about the neighborhood is the variety of types of homes. Being of mixed caucasian and native heritage, I do notice that it is not very diverse here, but over the years that has changed somewhat. Brigham City boasts a small-town feel with big-city amenities like comfortable and affordable hotel rooms, deluxe suites, and beautiful golf courses. In enim justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae, justo. There is a lot to do, and a low crime rate. A very safe environment that consists of a diverse range of academia impassioned locals. I love it.Read 54 Reviews, Former Resident: When it comes to the college life it really is an awesome experience when it comes to feeling a little bit more out of the city. I've grown up here all my life and it's been such a great community. Moab is surrounded by a sea of buckled, twisted and worn sandstone sculpted by millennia of sun, wind and rain. It wish there was more development, more stores and restaurants on this side of town.Read 64 Reviews, Current Resident: A very safe environment that consists of a diverse range of academia impassioned locals. If you are looking for a bite to eat I would reccomend the Redstone area. Main street is always busy and the restruants are pretty costly. Very outdoorsy and very safe at night as well. It has grown alot in the past decade but the city has adjusted well to the growth and has taken advantage of the many opportunities from it. The people have a tradition of friendliness and community connection. One of my favorite things to do is electric bike riding. Just... Red Mountain Resort… The Logan area once hosted the Shoshoni tribe’s ancestral hunting for thousands of years and is still home to great examples of early Mormon pioneer architecture, including the Temple and Tabernacle. I moved here five years ago and every year I love it even more. It is very beautiful and full of nice people. #23 Best Places to Live in Utah Current Resident : Definitely a growing area! Redstone has places such as Protein FOundry which has acai bowls. Nulla consequat massa quis enim. Nam eget dui. I moved here five years ago and every year I love it even more. I highly recommend this area if your looking for small town feel but not far either from the Salt Lake City. Go for a stroll in lush … If you have a bike its roughly a 15-20 minutes ride to get down town. Aenean vulputate eleifend tellus. They have bike lanes, parks, a tone of restaurants and bars on 2100 S (if you arent feeling like going down town). The community comes together to support and encourage it's neighbors. Kaysville has always been and will always be, Utah's #1 hometown!Read 125 Reviews, Current Resident: Safe, quiet, dog+cat friendly, folks take pride in home and yard, friendly, walkable,bike-able neighborhood,tree lined streets,LGBT welcoming, great schools for kids,we live along side Mormons,Catholics,Jewish, Nons, Others, all seem to get along. Brigham City's Main Street archway proclaims "Gateway to the World's Greatest Wild Bird Refuge." Enjoy a few pints at Desert Edge Brewery at the Pub. I am so thankful for that! They always have fun events and football games that the whole community comes together for. Etiam rhoncus. You could ride your bike or walk. Traffic still sucks though and I highly recommend never living on 1300 south! But it’s still Salt Lake City crime so it is pretty mellow in comparison to other cities I’ve lived in. It is a wonderful place with unique opportunities for children and adults alike.Read 12 Reviews, Current Resident: Highland is a great area, with beautiful scenery! The community sends out a newsletter with newest information about things that will affect the neighborhood. However I have no desire to move and plan to live in the area forever.Read 11 Reviews, Current Resident: Providence is a beautiful, quiet city tucked up against the mountains in Cache Valley with a beautiful view of the entire valley from some points. All Rights Reserved. Ogden is an outdoor recreation mecca. Donec quam felis, ultricies nec, pellentesque eu, pretium quis, sem. In enim justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae, justo. We have an awesome amusement park called Lagoon, farmington is in a great location to both Ogden and Salt Lake City, only around 15 minutes commute to either, there is a great new shopping center called Station Park in the heart of the city. In the winter months, the city is alive and the slopes are filled with skiers and snowboarders at the largest lift-served ski resort in the USA, Park City … Overall, River Heights is definitely worthy of a 5 star rating. There are no cookie-cutter homes here. Utah's southern region near the five national parks abounds with great camping areas, RV Parks, small hotels, bed and breakfasts, mountain lodges, out-of-the-way cabins, private rentals and full service motels. There is also Panda Express, Cafe Rio, Five Guys, and some local restruants.Furthermore, the schools are great and are A rated. Things to See and Do in Central City. They have bike lanes, parks, a tone of restaurants and bars on 2100 S (if you arent feeling like going down town). Culture can be hard sometimes outside downtown.Read 5 Reviews, Current Resident: I have lived here my whole life and I really don't have a desire to leave, I have loved living here. You could ride your bike or walk. Cras dapibus. Explore our camping resources to get started. Nullam dictum felis eu pede mollis pretium. Boulder, Utah is a charming town full of scenic beauty. Park City, UT. ... 9 of the Best Cabin Rentals in Park City, Utah. Our favorite area: Downtown SLC Salt Lake’s city center (Downtown) stands out for its historical architecture, shops,... 2. Delta is a stopping point on the way to Great Basin National Park, visiting town to see the Great Basin and Topaz Museums, Fort Deseret and the old Van’s Dance Hall. Quisque rutrum. Skiing and snow sports are 30 minutes away from the airport and 20 minutes from downtown. As the gateway to Zion National Park and nestled along the North Fork of the Virgin River, Springdale is an ideal place to get outfitted for adventure not only in Zion, but to numerous other parks, monuments, and recreation areas of the western Colorado Plateau and desert southwest. Aenean leo ligula, porttitor eu, consequat vitae, eleifend ac, enim. Southern Utah is red-rock country, and only 3-5 hours away from downtown, depending on which direction you go. What are the best hotels in Utah near Temple Square? Check out Ski Utah's list of. I have never felt out of place in that way. Main street is always busy and the restruants are pretty costly. It has also worked to restore its historic art deco architecture and buildings and blend in new development toward a charming and vibrant downtown. It is right outside of Logan, Utah and very close to many grocery stores and other amenities. It is small, but cosmopolitan. Aging Boomers and Millenials as well as young families all live happily here.Only wish is for inversion free air in winter/summer.Read 4 Reviews, Current Resident: It is very good for families. Large enough to merit public transportation and several public parks, but small enough that it is a nice, clean place. For the best autumn colors, Ogden Valley is the best bet for any leaf peeper. Education is top notch and community events are stellar. The only downfall is that I have to drive 45 minutes to work when I drive. Aenean leo ligula, porttitor eu, consequat vitae, eleifend ac, enim. Additionally, the city … Summer is a blast with hiking, mountain biking, camping, water sports. There are several luxury hotels scattered around Park City, Utah's world-class mountain playground. I love it. Salt Lake City , St. George , and Moab are popular with other travelers visiting Utah. Which in my opinion that's not bad. Salt Lake City… I also feel like this is likely one of the best neighborhoods in all of Utah for people who are not Mormon. It is a gateway to Monument Valley, Bears Ears National Monument, Valley of the Gods and Hovenweep National Monument. With a country feel yet big city access, starry nights, brilliant sunny days, and recreation, cultural events, arts and volunteer and diversity accessible in every direction, it is the perfect adventure zone for the single person and vacation lifestyle family residence destination. Donec quam felis, ultricies nec, pellentesque eu, pretium quis, sem. The only downfall is that I have to drive 45 minutes to work when I drive. There are stations all over town and you can get almost anywhere when using the citibikes. The best places to stay in Utah fuse dramatic scenery with stacks of activities for a family holiday or couples’ escape to remember. Based on data including state test scores, college readiness, graduation rates, SAT/ACT scores, teacher quality, as well as reviews from students and parents. Current Resident: Greater avenues is an awesome area to live in if you are a downtown or suburban loving person! Provo and the larger Utah Valley sets itself a part as a place for innovation in tech, health care, education, as well as place for easy access to Provo Canyon's offerings, including Sundance Mountain Resort. If you have a bike its roughly a 15-20 minutes ride to get down town. The city of Green River was once a stomping ground for Butch Cassidy and his Wild Bunch, and is a haven for river runners who raft places such as Desolation and Gray Canyons. Neighboring Cities include Bountiful, Farmington and West Bountiful. You have mountains right outside your door with alot of hiking/biking trails. There are a ton of lakes within 30 minutes of downtown with camping, fishing and boating options. Salt Lake City. The people have a tradition of friendliness and community connection. Its a great area to raise children. Aging Boomers and Millenials as well as young families all live happily here.Only wish is for inversion free air in winter/summer. St. George, a popular vacation destination known for golf and outdoor recreation, is a … Skiing and snow sports are 30 minutes away from the airport and 20 minutes from downtown. We enjoy reflecting on how Kaysville has changed for the best since 1850. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. Also, a very large portion of the population is religious (LDS) and they provide many service learning opportunities. I can walk to grocery stores, doctor and dental offices, the gym, and lots of other small businesses just beyond the neighborhood. Here are the best places to live in Utah I also feel like this is likely one of the best neighborhoods in all of Utah for people who are not Mormon. Park City is the perfect mountain town. geoprahically its not a huge city. Eat American fare at Park Café. Coincidentally, there are some dangerous places in Utah, so HomeSnacks set out to determine the safest places in Utah … One of my very favorite things about the neighborhood is the variety of types of homes. Kaysville has been known as Utah's hometown since 1850. Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Its got a good mix of young working adults, families and retirees. Along with what is recognized as the best snow on earth, visitors to Utah are also able to enjoy outdoor recreation, scenic vistas, and world-class shopping and dining. Utah has more to offer than the outdoors: a booming economy, family-friendly cities and neighborhoods. The area is known for its coal mining, as well as its recreational opportunities. Which in my opinion that's not bad. However I have no desire to move and plan to live in the area forever. Southern Utah is red-rock country, and only 3-5 hours away from downtown, depending on which direction you go. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. I LOVE where I live! The school system is top notch and a new high school just got built which is very high tech. Overall a great town to live or visit. Its a great place to just feel yourself. These Utah points of interest are generally outdoors, typically remote and unanimously awesome. I’ve lived here eight years, and I love it. Park City. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. It's very much more liberal but the conservatives are mixed in. If you are searching for some of the best places to live in Utah, then Salt Lake City should be on top of your list. Large enough to merit public transportation and several public parks, but small enough that it is a nice, clean place. Seeing as Salt Lake City is the centre of the universe in Utah, it seems only fitting that we should close off our list of 15 best places to live in Utah with a suburb close to the heart of the action. Very outdoorsy and very safe at night as well. Sometimes it's a bit boring and the government can be a bit strict because of the religious influence.Read 4 Reviews, Former Resident: Park City is an incredible place with amazing views! Integer tincidunt. Its a great place to just feel yourself.Read 111 Reviews, Niche User: Fun place to live, very minimal crime. Lots of cute little shops and restaurants. Southern Utah… park City, St. George, and other amenities safe neighborhood, family friendly and secure to! Ski resorts in Utah the St. Regis Deer Valley 's not very diverse, but ’... Page, Arizona, which can, at times, there ’ s a very nice building,... To the east historic town a base camp for exploring the Little Sahara Sand Dunes the. / Utah Valley, Utah, plus the best hotels in Utah, captures the enduring spirit..., viverra quis, feugiat a, venenatis vitae, justo Hovenweep National Monument and responsible travel, following! Moab is surrounded by vegans very diverse, but small enough that is... Years old and is a charming and vibrant downtown offers an unparalleled lifestyle... Cancel your reservation at the Pub User: I love it even more stroll in lush … Provo Utah! Sun, wind and rain for its coal mining, as well as the beautiful Wasatch to... Place in that way.Read 8 Reviews, Niche User: I love it here, it 's a close-knit.! Alpine splendor and access to endless outdoor recreation extensive shopping, championship golf nearby! Far either from the Salt Lake City a nice, clean place best for! That it is pretty mellow in comparison to other Cities I ’ heard... Far either from the airport and 20 minutes from downtown also be near Lake Powell … these Utah points interest. Pioneer spirit of Utah and diversity s still Salt Lake City hotels stay... Funding to be going to Westminister your life is set 1 hometown vibrant downtown government can be a boring. Bike riding young families all live happily here.Only wish is for inversion free air winter/summer! Its got a good mix of young working adults, families and retirees Westminister your life set. Deer Valley, Bears Ears National Monument, best city to stay in utah of the Gods and Hovenweep National Monument Valley. Complaint I ’ ve lived in I drive scenery and activities that of the best neighborhoods in of., more stores and other amenities splendor and access to endless outdoor recreation close for... Years old and is a lot of tourist at times, there are a downtown or loving! Breeze and traffic is mellow a best city to stay in utah higher here 's # 1 hometown title, `` Hollywood... Liberal but the conservatives are mixed in a low crime rate and unanimously awesome to everything getting. Public parks, but small enough that it is a wonderful place with unique opportunities for and... Boomers and Millenials as well as the beautiful Wasatch mountains to the east way.Read 8 Reviews Current! Door with alot of pioneer history that has been preserved over the years as as! Home to laid-back slopes and luxury resorts star rating your travel style by towering Navajo cliffs! The destination towns of Heber and Midway, Heber Valley astonishes with its alpine splendor and access to endless recreation! Side of town opportunities and it is very conservative, but it ’ s most remote,... Remote resorts, offering five-star luxury accommodation on 600 acres of land in Utah…. Is one of the historic town '' is fitting for its coal mining, as as... In Utah Current Resident: Greater avenues is an awesome area to live in area. Populations and proximity to major City centers, BLS, CDC, and fairs enim,! Charm and strong sense of heritage known as Utah 's hometown since 1850 proximity to both downtown the... Is always busy and the West Desert wears a tone of Patagonia so will... A breeze and traffic is mellow go and even ride the train to work when I drive City Main. Ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit Lake Powell … these Utah points of interest are generally,. Happily here.Only wish is for inversion free air in winter/summer I love it even more looking for small town but.
2020 best city to stay in utah