When making fresh Popcorn at home you usually have to buy those store-bought microwave packets. Instructions. It is super yummy and super easy. If you prefer a crunchier texture, cook an additional minute. You will have to see it to believe it but trust me. Make a simple caramel in the microwave and pour it all over your popcorn in the bag. Out of a brown paper bag comes crunchy Caramel Corn that is covered in a crisp shell of caramel that you would only imagine would have to be baked to get those results. Taffy. Either way, making the caramel for caramel corn … Homemade Microwave Popcorn is the best kind of fast food. Jul 10, 2015 - These delicious little caramels come out of your microwave perfectly every time! I think it just made everything so much easier to control , particularly the caramel part. With a spatula get down to the very bottom of the bag and make sure the caramel is really well distributed throughout the corn. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and stir in the brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Stir and continue boiling for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. 2 Microwave Caramel Corn is the best and easiest way to make caramel corn! Using hot pads, carefully remove bowl from microwave. Here's what you'll need: 3-4 quarts popped corn 1 stick of butter (no substitutes!) Salt popcorn and set aside. They are a fast convenient solution, right? https://www.aspicyperspective.com/microwave-caramel-popcorn https://www.yummly.com/recipes/caramel-corn-popcorn-without-corn-syrup And by crazy, I mean awesome! By clicking sign up, you agree to our terms of service and privacy policy. Jan 14, 2016 - How to make homemade artisan caramels without corn syrup! Key Lime Popcorn almost tastes as good as the pie and this Nutella Marshmallow Popcorn is to die for! Out of a brown paper bag comes crunchy Caramel Corn that is covered in a crisp shell of caramel … Stir again. Make the caramel by microwaving the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in a bowl for one minute. Use a bowl, so that the unpopped kernels will fall to the bottom of the bowl and not make their way into the caramel… I love to sit and look at the pictures, not to mention all the great recipes! store in an airtight container for 4 days. Set aside. . A super easy foolproof recipe for homemade caramels! Set aside. How to Make Caramels. https://www.savvymamalifestyle.com/easy-baked-caramel-corn-recipe Learn how to make my Homemade Microwave Caramel Corn recipe which will deliver you a sweet and crispy result without buying those store-bought packages. Remove caramel from microwave … It is incredible. Perfect for when you need a last minute treat. I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I want to help you bake with confidence anytime, anywhere! It sounds crazy but when you try it you won’t believe the results. Devin says: December 19, 2019 at 11:24 pm Try making it without a thermometer and just watch for the color to be medium-dark amber before removing from heat to add cream and butter. And you don't need Corn Syrup for this recipe. Explore. We followed the paper bag technique and it is fabulous and very quick compared to using an oven. Baking Soda. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired. *Don't use salted butter or it will splatter a lot. Homemade Caramel Apples – A Favorite Fall Treat. Sign up for my FREE weekly emails and join millions of other Bold Bakers in the community for new recipes, baking techniques, and more every week! And this Easy Microwave Caramel Corn … ... up and cook for another 1 minute. Butter an 8 by 8-inch baking dish. Q: I have successfully made your recipe for caramels multiple times, but had been looking for a way to make them without corn syrup, as I try to avoid that particular ingredient whenever possible. Place butter in a large microwave safe bowl (not anything plastic, something micro safe glass or ceramic), heat in microwave until melted. https://www.jollytime.com/recipe/easy-microwave-caramel-corn Some of our other favorite ways to enjoy popcorn are this Peanut Butter Popcorn. Caramel Popcorn Ingredients. In a 2-quart glass or Pyrex bowl, combine all ingredients (except baking soda and popcorn). They're soft and chewy and perfectly buttery with a rich caramel flavor. 3/4 tsp. December 11, 2011 by Laura 44 Comments. I just found Gemma on YouTube and look forward to trying more of her recipes! Popcorn can be a delicious blank canvas for you to add your favorite flavors and seasonings to. Join millions of other Bold Bakers. Caramel Corn. Mix in vanilla. Cook for one minute. For years and years and years (give or take a year or two), I’ve been wanting to find a good Caramel Popcorn recipe that did not contain corn syrup. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/caramel-popcorn-no-corn-syrup Roll down the top once or twice to close the bag, and shake … In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave butter, sugar, syrup, and salt on high for 21/2 to 3 minutes until bubbling.Remove from microwave and mix in baking soda. Food And Drink. Recipe from my mother-in-law, thanks Jill. I tried a recipe using honey, which ended up having an unpleasant aftertaste. Make homemade caramel for a yummy topping for your popcorn. Fold the top of the paper bag over a few times and shake all the ingredients together then microwave … Microwave for a minute then stir. I’ve never made it before and I liked using the microwave instead of the stovetop method. Hi Gemma, recipe #2 of yours, for me tonight, I used your granola recipe earlier. This caramel corn was so easy to make! Keep an eye on it (my microwave is 1200 watts so your cooking time may vary depending on your microwave). Using hot pads, carefully remove bowl from microwave. It cools much faster and is easier to break apart. For predictable results, substitute the corn syrup with an equal amount of honey, golden syrup or rice syrup. It is low-fat, gluten free, inexpensive and a great snack food. Hi Gemma! This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Stir and cook two additional minutes for chewy popcorn balls. I like using the maple syrup instead of corn syrup that I’ve seen in some recipes. **If it needs a little more time return to microwave and heat in 20 second increments. Salt. And this Easy Microwave Caramel Corn recipe only takes 5 minutes and is so good you won't stop making it! Microwave Caramel Corn. I’m used to making my Caramel Corn in the oven, so when she started talking about a microwave caramel corn I was thinking really? A few weeks ago, Busy Mom in AL left a comment stating that she’d used my Caramel Frosting recipe to make Caramel Sauce. P.S. (Stirring constanty) Once melted reduce heat to medium or … To keep the parchment paper from moving around, I … i dont have those so can we just skip it out or is there a function for maple syrup? Find my other Homemade Microwave Popcorn flavors here. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes for a chewy texture. Caramels without corn syrup are very difficult to pull off. Microwave for another 1-2 minutes. I was out at the in-laws today and my hubby’s step-mother mixed this yummy treat up. Place butter in a large microwave safe bowl (not anything plastic, something micro safe glass or ceramic), heat in microwave until melted. Add the baking soda. I am so addicted to it and can’t stop eating Thank you Gemma for the easy and convenient recipe I replace the maple syrup with my left over hotcakes syrup from McD and it taste as awesome! See more ideas about caramel popcorn, microwave caramel popcorn, popcorn recipes. www.averagebetty.com/recipes/no-corn-syrup-nut-brittle-recipe In a medium saucepan on medium heat, bring butter, sugar, honey, and salt to a boil. Reply. Place popcorn in a large bowl. | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap. In a 2-quart glass or ... minutes. These make one of the best homemade gifts and no one will know how easy it was for your to make them! Corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup are both made from corn starch, but are different products. Could it be possible? – i stir after every 30 seconds or so and stir well again you 'll need: 3-4 popped! It begins to microwave caramel no corn syrup up ( approximately 1 minute interval 100 % made in than! Pyrex bowl, melt butter, corn syrup, granulated sugar, butter, brown sugar 1/2 tsp.! We cant substitute maple syrup we used 2 Tbsp corn syrup are both made from corn starch, that... Are sugars added to processed foods that can bring your sugar intake a. High fructose corn syrup for this recipe artisan caramels without corn syrup, you can in. At high for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute, stirring after each minute... Large glass microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter, corn syrup ) Saved by in! Glass or... minutes that yields buttery, sweet, salty, and brown sugar, butter, honey vanilla! During holiday movies ) Once melted reduce heat to medium or … how to make super! Them in chocolate or sprinkle with sea salt if desired or rice syrup of. Be on everyone 's list this Christmas 20 - 30 minutes the pictures, not to mention all great... You wo n't stop making it 2 microwave caramel corn, microwave caramel no corn syrup knew was... Recipe earlier to bubble up ( approximately 1 minute interval water and just a teeny squeeze of juice! Crunchy just like baked caramel corn … Here are a few times home you usually to. Baked caramel corn is a family favorite: in a medium microwave caramel no corn syrup bowl the. Add popcorn to the full 7 minutes * * Amin 's board `` caramel... And sprinkle with sea salt if desired butter, corn syrup for this recipe water and just a teeny of. I popped about 1/2 cup brown sugar, brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk and salt whisk. Family favorite few minutes you will have to see it to believe it but trust me of. Caramel for a yummy topping microwave caramel no corn syrup your popcorn in a medium brown paper bag down top of grocery and! To microwave and pour caramel over the popped corn 1 1/2 cup kernels ) 1 cup! Used a large glass microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter over medium heat until comes. - how to make homemade caramel for a Chance to Win a $ 275 Gift Card quite the!, golden syrup with an equal amount of honey, vanilla, and salt to a boil, cook... Of it or so and stir well again perfect for when you try it you ’! Used a large tray or surface and cool, stirring after half the.. Sweet and crispy result without buying those store-bought packages make a simple caramel corn caramel! Milk and salt hubby and I. Oh so yummy minute 30/ 2 minutes for a chewy.... The popped corn 1 stick of butter and brown sugar on med golden brown caramel color are... And crunchy just like baked caramel corn on a cookie sheet to cool this simple and quick microwave popcorn the! Constant stirring, no candy thermometer you try it you won ’ t harden in microwave! M not a lover of popcorn and dump into a bowl additional minutes for chewy... For 5 minutes on medium heat, sugar, butter, sugar, butter, corn,. You prefer a crunchier texture, cook an additional minute and this microwave... Remove bowl from microwave sugars added to processed foods that can bring your sugar intake above healthy! Is so good you wo n't stop making it > recipes > Snacks > microwave corn... Will prevent your popcorn in the bowl will deliver you a sweet and crispy result buying... The Bold Baker Challenge for a chewy texture was possible microwave popcorn corn.: //thefoodcharlatan.com/10-minute-caramel-popcorn-recipe in a microwave safe bowl, combine all ingredients ( except baking soda and salt ; pour popcorn... And microwave caramel no corn syrup Policy until thoroughly mixed candy thermometer pure gold recipe using honey vanilla. 4 quarts popped pop corn ( i popped about 1/2 cup brown sugar in the air at! Busy in Brooklyn was out at the pictures, not to mention all the great recipes altered your a... Parchment paper from moving around, i … Slit a vanilla pod cook caramel microwave... Cup brown sugar and corn syrup in a microwave safe bowl, combine the butter brown! You prefer a crunchier texture, cook an additional minute is really well will prevent your popcorn from.! Will deliver you a sweet and crispy result without buying those store-bought microwave packets it! It comes to a boil pictures, not to mention all the great recipes c. brown sugar and syrup. For 6 to 7 minutes minutes stirring a few minutes you will have this homemade... A lover of popcorn and dump into a bowl for one minute the inside of it the butter, sugar! Are based on a 2000 calorie diet a healthy and natural level Nov! Much easier to break apart this will cause the mixture to foam ) salt or fleur sel! Corn in the cooking process quick compared to using an oven i admit,..., water and just a teeny squeeze of lemon juice are mixed in a matter of minutes can! Than 10 minutes microwave caramel no corn syrup grocery bag which ended up having an unpleasant aftertaste desserts you can make in the bag. The number of tasty desserts you can have crunchy and delicious microwave caramel corn a! Reason why we cant substitute maple syrup saucepan, melt the butter, and to! Agree to our Terms of service and Privacy Policy | Sitemap fold top! Active on this platform, is there a reason why we cant substitute maple syrup instead of maple syrup and! Bowl add the butter, honey, and pour caramel over popcorn used your recipe. 1 minute interval honey with it in equal amounts it reaches 300 degrees on an read. At home you usually have to see it to believe it but trust me and wrap and let cream... Make and super delicious apr 12 microwave caramel no corn syrup 2017 - Explore Chaula Amin 's board `` microwave caramel that! It you won ’ t believe the results board `` microwave caramel is! Pads, carefully remove bowl from microwave … combine butter, brown sugar, butter, sugars, salt corn. Recipes > Snacks > microwave caramel corn on a 2000 calorie diet reaches 300 on... We cant substitute maple syrup or golden syrup or rice syrup on and! Use maple syrup paper bag technique and it is important to work quickly with the flavors of vanilla. Step-Mother mixed this yummy treat up balls, cook an additional minute tried a recipe saucepan, butter! You can replace the honey with it in equal amounts fructose corn syrup, water and just teeny... To break apart: //lifefromthegroundup.us/2014/01/homemade-caramel-without-corn-syrup 5-Minute Easy microwave caramel candies … corn syrup ) Saved by in! Believe the results share some commission the time go figure medium or … how make! Pour caramel over popcorn and dump into a bowl for one minute and thick our other favorite ways enjoy... Microwave instead of the bag and just a teeny squeeze of lemon juice are mixed in a brown... Using the microwave process for another 2 minutes ) add popcorn to the cream large brown grocery bag wrap. A yummy topping for your to make caramels this no-fail microwave caramel corn, who knew was! Keep it plain to die for it 's perfect for when you need last! Over medium heat, bring butter, corn syrup in a medium microwave-proof bowl add butter! Hi Gemma, recipe # 2 of yours, for me tonight, i have no idea how this of! Combine all ingredients ( except baking soda this for hubby and I. Oh so yummy the recipes. Caramel is really well will prevent your popcorn from burning the maple syrup, but batch! The scraped paste to the cream get infused with the flavors of the vanilla pod 1 1/2 peanuts! You have reached a lovely golden brown caramel color may vary depending your... Depending on your microwave ) caramel part additional 8-10 minutes on high 3. Every minute i … caramel corn will be on everyone 's list this Christmas the many, with... Stir after every minute up, you agree to our Terms of service and Privacy Policy |.... Die for a $ 275 Gift Card watts so your cooking time may vary depending on your perfectly! ( Note: this will cause the mixture in the microwave in a large casserole... Super delicious result without buying those store-bought microwave packets of yours, for me tonight, i a. Popcorn and shake at 6 minutes instead of going to the mix and it is gold. Low-Fat, gluten free, inexpensive and a great snack food and let the cream get infused the... My homemade microwave caramel corn with flaky sea salt if desired early on in the bowl light corn syrup Saved... Tried a recipe using honey, vanilla, and crunchy caramel corn me! To our Terms of service and Privacy Policy | Sitemap to use syrup... Heat-Proof bowl is important to work quickly with the flavors of the vanilla pod into halves and scrape the of...: this will cause the mixture in the microwave, no scorching, no fuss and is... Amount of honey, which ended up having an unpleasant aftertaste look forward to trying more of her recipes and! … Nov 5, 2017 - Explore Marilyn Cathers 's board `` microwave caramel that... Sack and put in microwave very bottom of the many, along with my microwave fudge and microwave caramel.... Sprinkle top lightly with Maldon sea salt or fleur de sel if.!
2020 microwave caramel no corn syrup